The 28 Fundamental Beliefs
of Seventh-day Adventists
Our global church of Seventh-day Adventists have 28 Fundamental Beliefs. In an effort to offer a quick understanding, below is a quick summary of each belief. These beliefs are the foundation of Adventist faith and reflect the teachings of the Bible.
1. The Holy Scriptures - Adventists believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and the ultimate authority for faith and practice.
2. The Trinity - Adventists believe in one God, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. The Father - Adventists believe that God the Father is the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
4. The Son - Adventists believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of the world.
5. The Holy Spirit - Adventists believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person who guides believers in their daily lives.
6. Creation - Adventists believe in a literal six-day creation as described in the book of Genesis.
7. The Nature of Man - Adventists believe that humans were created in the image of God, but as a result of sin, have fallen from their original state.
8. The Great Controversy - Adventists believe that there is an ongoing battle between good and evil, and that Satan is the originator of sin.
9. The Life, Death, and Resurrection of Christ - Adventists believe that Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
10. The Experience of Salvation - Adventists believe that salvation is a gift from God, received through faith in Jesus Christ.
11. Growing in Christ - Adventists believe that the process of salvation involves ongoing growth and transformation in Christ.
12. The Church - Adventists believe in the universal church, made up of all believers, and the importance of being part of a local church community.
13. The Remnant and Its Mission - Adventists believe that the remnant church is called to proclaim the gospel to the world and prepare people for the Second Coming of Christ.
14. Unity in the Body of Christ - Adventists believe in the importance of unity among believers, regardless of cultural or denominational differences.
15. Baptism - Adventists believe in baptism by immersion as a public declaration of faith in Jesus Christ.
16. The Lord's Supper - Adventists believe in the symbolic sharing of bread and wine as a remembrance of Christ's sacrifice.
17. Spiritual Gifts and Ministries - Adventists believe that God gives spiritual gifts to believers for the edification of the church and the spreading of the gospel.
18. The Gift of Prophecy - Adventists believe that God has given the gift of prophecy to His people, as a means of guidance and instruction.
19. The Law of God - Adventists believe that the Ten Commandments are a reflection of God's character and are still relevant today.
20. The Sabbath - Adventists believe that the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday, is a day of rest and worship, as instituted by God at creation.
21. Stewardship - Adventists believe in the responsible use of God's resources, including time, money, and the environment.
22. Christian Behavior - Adventists believe in the importance of living a Christlike life and following His example.
23. Marriage and the Family - Adventists believe in the sanctity of marriage and the importance of the family unit.
24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary - Adventists believe that Jesus is currently ministering in the heavenly sanctuary, interceding on behalf of believers.
25. The Second Coming of Christ - Adventists believe in the literal, visible, and imminent return of Jesus Christ.
26. Death and Resurrection - Adventists believe in the resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked, and in the ultimate destruction of sin and death.
27. The Millennium and the End of Sin - Adventists believe in the 1,000-year reign of Christ on earth, followed by the final eradication of sin and the establishment of God's eternal kingdom.
28. New Earth - Adventists believe that God will create a new earth where the righteous will live forever in His presence.